Prepare students for careers by becoming a fellow in Chicago’s Teacher Training Institute. The competitive program provides educators with on-going professional development, individualized support, and resources to enhance and further increase social-emotional learning (SEL) knowledge in a classroom setting to support 10th graders throughout the academic year.
INSIDE THE PROGRAM
- A $2,000 stipend for program participation and completion.
- A comprehensive training session by Urban Alliance staff to equip educators to facilitate our 9 SEL workshop sessions.
- Access to our curriculum, including our career exploration guidebook, to support students in making explicit connections between social-emotional learning and the world of work.
- Monthly Lunch & Learns that explores a range of SEL concepts and skills, such as SEL integration on a school-wide level, featuring guest speakers.
- Resource sharing through virtual Lunch & Learns and an online hub for educators to build upon SEL expertise.
- One-on-one check-ins and classroom observations by Urban Alliance staff to measure student growth and make any necessary improvements.